Odds & ends
– Kids: they grow up quickly. A year ago my cousin Jasmine still looked like a little girl, now she looks like a teenager.
– I hate Broad Street. I hate it even more after trying and subsequently giving up trying to find somewhere to watch Hatton vs Mayweather on Saturday (Sports Cafe was tickets only, Rococco wouldn’t let us in ‘cos they already had too many men in relation to woman inside…). On the plus side, we did see what looked like a substantially large portion of the West Midlands Constabulary storm into The Sports Cafe and arrest a bloke dressed as Superman. I’m not making this up.
– I did download it the following day, though. I’d like to see Mayweather vs Cotto next. Mayweather will still win, obviously, but I do actually think Cotto would have a slightly better chance than Hatton had.
– We went to see the Canal Boat Light Parade in Brum, which – even when I put aside the two recurring problems of that particular weekend (having to stand with my arms squished up due to there being amongst too great a density of people, and having surprises spoiled for me) – didn’t seem as good as last year. I liked the one with the great big flappy bird going up and down, though. Noddy was there and I didn’t realise it was him. Heh.
– In more union news, I’ve showed one of our reps how to use WordPress. I may or may not have created a monster.